A juvenile is someone who is under the age of 18 years and is not permitted by law to purchase liquor either on-premises or off premises.
It is also against the law for anyone to buy liquor on behalf of a juvenile, or supply them liquor on a licensed or regulated premises.
Identification and Proof of Age Cards
After July 1, 2014, the following documents are the only forms of identification that can be accepted by a licensee to prove age in circumstances where they suspect a person is a juvenile seeking entry to licensed premises:
- a current Australian driver's licence with a photograph;
- A current passport;
- A current Australian learner’s driver permit with photograph;
- WA Proof of Age Card (note new cards will not be issued after 1/1/2015);
- Proof of Age card or equivalent issued in an Australian state or territory;
- A current WA Photo Card;
- A current NSW Photo Card;
- A Photo Card issued by any Australian state or Territory similar to the NSW/WA Photo Card.
For more information on the features of the WA Photo Card, go tohttp://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/proof-of-identity.asp