If you would like to talk to someone about your gambling habits, or the habits of somebody you care about, private and confidential counselling services are available.
Face to Face Counselling Service: Gambling Help WA
Gambling Help WA is a free face to face counselling service for people affected by problem gambling, their partners and families. It offers a supportive environment to talk about the impact that gambling has on their lives as well as the opportunity to learn new ways to manage the behaviour. The services provided by Gambling Help WA include:
- Professional, confidential face to face counselling for people with whom gambling is an issue
- Counselling for the family and friends of people for whom gambling is an issue
- Financial counselling to help with gambling-related financial problems
- Community education to help communities reduce the negative effects of gambling
Gambling Help WA service is provided by Centrecare. You can view Centrecare’s Gambling Help WA brochure here.
To make an appointment call Gambling Help WA on +61 8 9325 6644 (during business hours).
24/7 Telephone Counselling: Problem Gambling Helpline
The Problem Gambling Helpline is a 24 hour confidential telephone counselling and referral service. Calls to the Problem Gambling Helpline are free and won’t be listed on your phone bill.
Calls can be made by anyone who would like to know about gambling related problems and how to deal with them. The Problem Gambling Helpline can also help arrange free professional face to face counselling for those callers who are interested in this option.
To speak to a professional immediately, you can call the Problem Gambling Helpline on 1800 858 858.
Gambling Help Online is a web-based problem gambling service which provides:
- live and email counselling and support services available 24/7;
- professional counsellors with expertise in problem gambling and online services; and
- provision of extensive website content, information and weblinks for additional help and information.
The service is provided by Turning Point, who are based in Victoria. To access the online counselling service, visit www.gamblinghelponline.org.au