Does your non-profit organisation or sporting body wish to raise money through gaming?
Free seminars are run at the department once a month to provide information on understanding when the Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987 applies and the steps required in lodging an application, if one is required.
The seminar is designed to provide charitable groups, community based organisations and sporting bodies with an understanding of the community gaming laws in Western Australia in respect of raising funds through the conduct of a gaming activity including the statutory requirements and process involved if an application is required.
The topics covered at each seminar will include:
- What is "gaming" and who is eligible in conducting a gaming activity in WA
- Circumstances when a permit is not required?
- Circumstances with which the money raised can and cannot be used
- Statutory requirements and process involved when a permit is required
- Obligations and responsibilities of a permit holder
- What if things go wrong
To register for the next seminar, fill out this form, or call the Department of Racing Gaming and Liquor on 9425 1888